There are many places of interest and things to see and do within easy distance of Lickpenny Caravan Park. Here is just a small selection of some of the places that you may like to visit.
If you prefer to relax and let someone else take the strain of driving, there is a bus stop approximately 10 minutes walk from the park with services that will take you to Matlock railway station.
Within walking distance…
- Scotland Nurseries Garden Centre is approx 5 mins walk away, has a coffee shop, restaurant and award winning Farm shop.
- Tansley village, approx 1 mile. Local pubs, eating and drinking.
- Tansley car boot market every Sunday and Bank Holiday Mondays approx 10 minutes walk (not on over Winter)
- Ashover village, approx 3 miles. Lovely picturesque village includes countryside walks and pubs for eating and drinking.
- Lea village, approx 2 miles. Rhododendron Gardens, pub for eating and drinking.
Places of interest include…
- Matlock town approx 3 miles, shopping, park, cafes. Main town with Bus/Rail station and the Peak Rail steam train to Darley Dale and Rowsley.
- Matlock Bath: a place to visit for all sorts of entertainment including- Heights of Abraham (Ask in reception for discount tickets!). Gulliver’s Kingdom for the younger children. Mining Museum. Promenade walk with shops/coffee stops and eating places.
- Rowsley approx 5 miles. Historic flourmill complex. Out of town shopping.
- Cromford: Canal walks. Arkwright historic restored mill complex. High Peak trail walks and cycles. Lea historic pump house. Masson Mill shopping village.
- Crich approx 3 miles. Famous Tramway Museum. Village pubs/Cafe for eating and drinking.
- Ogston reservoir, approx 2 miles. walks and nature. Bird watching. Boating.
- Wingfield Manor (English Heritage) approx 4 miles
- Bakewell, approx 8 miles.
- Haddon Hall, approx 7 miles.
- Chatsworth House, approx 8 miles.
- Chesterfield, town shopping and the famous church with the crooked spire, approx 9 miles.
- Hardwick Hall, approx 10 miles.
- Bolsover Castle, approx 15 miles.
For a detailed list of events happening near to Lickpenny, please go to www.visitpeakdistrict.com.
Links to other web sites that may be useful in planning your stay at Lickpenny…